If you click a link on this page and make a purchase we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Today we’re going to take a look at the TinyHawk 2, from Emax. It came out in December and it’s pretty awesome.
The Tiny Hawk 2 is the next evolution of the TinyHawk series that came from Emax.
Emax put out the original Tiny Hawk a couple of years ago, the tiny Hawk S last year, and then the TinyHawk 2 in December 2019.
This drone shot up right in to the top ranks of FPV drones of 2020 and you will see why in the following part of this TinyHawk 2 review.
TinyHawk 2 Features
- The EMAX Tinyhawk 2 has a Runcam Nano 2 FPV Camera
- Tinyhawk 2 also features theVTX (video transmitter) with improved 25mw, 100mw, and 200mw switchable transmission
- Ibt has a rand new frame design, with a fully adjustable camera tilt.
- Tiny Hawk 2 also has new and faster motors. TH0802 16000kv.
- Reactive LED System with LED strips built into the frame and controlled by the output of the motors, the faster you go, the brighter the Tinyhawk 2 gets.
Tiny Hawk Specs
- Wheelbase: 75mm
- Dry Weight: 31.2g
- All Up Weight: 43.5g with 1x 450mAh 1S battery
- Frame Material: Polypropylene
* FPV System
Check out the latest DJI machine - DJI Mavic Air 2.
The DJI Mavic Air 2 is a great leap forward in comparison to Mavic Mini (and first generation of Mavic Air) in nearly every measurable respect:
✔️image and video quality
✔️transmission and controller
- VTX Power: 25/100/200mw Switchable
- Channels: 37CH incl. Raceband
- Camera: RunCam Nano 2 1/3″ 700TVL CMOS
- Smart Audio Connected
Tiny Hawk 2 vs Tiny Hawk S
This Tiny Hawk 2 model is improved over the Hawk S in a couple of ways:
- the frame is beefier and stronger, more reinforced,
- it has bigger and more powerful motors.
- it has the ability just like the Tiny Hawk S to do 1S or 2S battery.
- it also has a run cam which is a better camera that gives you more color and a better picture
- it has the ability to adjust the transmitter from 25 milliwatts to 100 milliwatts to 200 milliwatts if you unlock it
Unlocking the transmitter
Now, in order to actually use that feature, you have to unlock the transmitter, which you do by pushing the little button in the back of Hawk 2
This does two things. It gives you more channels, more bands to use with your goggles, and also allows you to adjust the different milliwatts from 25 to 100 to 200.
Now this quad comes with four spare props, as well as a charger that allows you to charge both the 1S battery and the 2S battery that comes with it.
You get about four minutes of flight time out of the 1S battery, maybe closer to five, depending on how far you run the battery down. You actually don’t want to run the battery down to zero percent, as it just drops out of the sky at that point. It’s bad for the cells in the battery, but you can set it up to have a warning light that comes on that tells you in your goggles when the battery is getting low.
Camera on TinyHawk 2
The biggest change over the previous models is the ajdustable tils on TinyHawk 2 camera. The camera itself is upgraded to Runcam Nano 2 but you can stick any Nano camera into the canopy (even Nano 3).
Motors, Frame and Props
The frame is beafier and sturdier and looks more edgy.
In roder to be able to fit 1S and 2S batteries , the battery cage now consists of 2 rubber bands securing your batteries in place. It comes with a spare set of these rubber bands.
XIAOMI Fimi X8 SE is a stunning piece of aircraft. When you add the price to its impressive performance power, you get one of the best ratio/value drones on the market right now. Click here to check the latest price!
It also features LEDs and they’re pretty cool looking. You can’t see them too well during the day. But during the evening or if it’s darker in the house, you can see the lights really well.
The motors are still 0802 motors but now have 16000KV instead of the 15000KV of the predecessor.
The Tinyhawk 2 comes with 40mm, 4 blade props, and I had absolutely no problems to flip over after a crash, even with 1S although being on a smooth surface.
TinyHaw 2 is a great little FPV Tiny Whoop style drone that you can fly indoors or out depending on the wind with one or two s batteries and the improved performance of the run cam is really nice and noticeable. Definitely very durable and pretty quick on 2S battery.