If you click a link on this page and make a purchase we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Most Expensive Drones
Are you a big time drone enthusiast and looking for the best most expensive drones with accessories? Drones are no longer used just by military forces to gather intelligence or shoot down targets.
Today a vast majority of this market is in the recreational flying industry. These toys are a nice way to shoot sporting events, weddings, beautiful landscapes or anything else you want to shoot from high up in the air. Today, drones are no longer just an RC toy for a 7 year old.
The industry is growing and evolving at such a rapid pace that new sports are being invented revolving around flying drones.
Many people believe that drones can revolutionize sports, transportation, entertainment, logistics and security.
If you want to get started with this incredible innovation, you can buy really simple ones that will allow you to capture photos and videos, but the camera quality is not always the best. However, if you want to splash out and treat yourself to the highly advanced quadcopters available on the market today – then this is the article for you.
In this article we’ve rounded up the best most expensive quads which can easily be bought online. They are aimed for professionally. However, they can still be used for recreational activities.
Table of Most Expensive Commercial Drones:
|The Freefly Alta 8||∼ $17000|
|DJI Inspire RAW||∼ $5400|
|Yuneec Tornado H920||∼ $3500|
|Ouku Unique OEM DJI Inspire 1||∼ $3600|
|AZ 4K UHD Camera Drone||∼ $9000|
|LanLan DJI S1000||∼ $1500|
|DJI Inspire 1 PRO||∼ $3400|
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro||∼ $1500|
|Autel Evo 2 8k||∼ $1900|
|DJI CP BX 000198 Professional Drone||∼ $4000|
|DJI Matrice 600||∼ $4500|
Freefly Alta 8
Freefly Alta 8 is ridiculously expensive octocopter but due to its amazing craftsmanship, the price tag is actually justified.
As you would expect from such a monster, Alta 8 has a high payload (20lbs) and very powerful lifting momentum.
As we already mentioned, it has 8 long propellers (18-inch) made of super-light carbon fibers which enables Alta 8 to have long flight-times and incredible lift.
Since it is made with professionals in mind, it carries a cinema camera with utmost ease. Even heavier RED cameras are no problem for this beast. The octocopter is very stable and flies smoothly thanks to its Synapse light controller – huge plus when it comes to cinematography.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
LanLan DJI S1000
- Weight: 9.7 lb / 4.4 kg
- Dimensions: 51 x 45.5 x 29.5 cm (20.1 x 17.9 x 11.6 inches)
- Camera: Canon 5D Camera
- Battery: Li-Po 15000mAh
- Flight Time: 15 minutes
- 15in Foldable Propellers
- Manufacturer recommended age: 5 years and up
The DJI S1000 is designed specifically for heavy lift operations. It can lift heavy cameras which makes it perfect for cinematography. The S1000 is a premium octocopter with a built-in Canon 5D camera. However, the biggest drawback of this drone is that the flight time is restricted to only 15 minutes. Again this flight time depends on the payload, and it might decrease significantly with addition of extra payload
The S1000 is equipped with retractable landing gear made of carbon fiber. This feature allows for low weight and high structural integrity at the same time.
The high stability and safety is also one of the features of this drone. This feature makes this quadcopter smooth and simple to control. However, the price is a bit too high for only this one feature.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Ouku Unique OEM DJI Inspire 1
- Dimensions: 22.8 x 20.5 x 10.6 inches (58 x 52 x 27 cm)
- Weight: 1030 grams
- Camera: built-in 4K camera
- Battery: Li-Po 5200mAh
- Flight Time: 25 minutes
- Communication Distance (Open Area): 1000m
- Auto Return-to-Home
The Ouku Unique OEM DJI Inspire 1 is considered to be one of the best drones for creative purposes and professional use because it comes with 2 controllers. This feature allows one person to film and control the camera while the other is flying. This drone is powerful and stable and can take on strong winds very smoothly without causing any issues with the controls. This is a highly advanced and top-priced drone with a built-in 4K camera.
The Ouku has a flight time of 25 minutes and operational range of about 1000 meters. These features are above average for most UAVs. It also ships with a hard case built by DJI.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Yuneec Tornado H920
- Dimensions: 31.4 x 36.2 x 18.1″ / 797 x 920 x 461 mm
- Weight: 11 lb / 5 kg
- Battery: Li-Po 4000mAh
- Flight Time: Up to 24 minutes
- Maximum Flying Height: 3281′ / 1,000 m
- Receiver – Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Carbon Fiber Frame
- Retractable Landing Gear
The Tornado H920 from Yuneec is a six-rotor aerial platform that is controlled by a standalone remote controller. This controller requires some practice before you get a hang of it. This drone is optimized for flying a Panasonic GH4 camera (not included).
The Tornado weighs 5kg and it is one of the heavier drones on the market. This feature makes it a tad bit difficult to control. It has an operational range of 2 km and offers a flight time of about 25 minutes.
The H920 has a top speed of 76 km/h. This speed is sufficient for following and shooting footages of moving vehicles.
The Tornado H920 comes ready-to-fly. The package includes the drone, a transmitter, two flight batteries, a battery charger, and an aluminium case.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Faucon’s Drone Lifter Series V1.0 Octocopter
- Dimensions: 1.1 x 1.1 x 0.61 meters (43 x 43 x 24 inches)
- Weight: 6.35 kg (14 pounds)
- Props: Carbon fiber 15″ x 6.5
- Manufacturer recommended age: 18 years and up
- MOTORS: Avroto LIFT 3515 400Kv
- Batteries: 2 Lithium ion batteries required
Many drone enthusiasts utilize the Faucon Drones Lifter Series V1.0 while in pursuit of that perfect flight. This drone is intended for use in videography, SAR, or any application requiring easy flight qualities. The Faucon V1.0 is mainly a commercial or advanced hobbyist drone and it is not supposed for use in activity flying.
This drone comes with a retractable landing gear made of carbon fiber and that’s why it is capable to endure crashes and tough landings really effectively. It also has a frame that is highly shock resistant and has a highly advanced stability system. These features make this drone nearly weight-less and shock resistant. However, as with any drone, parts at times do split in a crash.
To control this drone you have to be an advanced RC flyer with heavy lift drones. So if you are a beginner and just starting off, this drone is definitely not for you.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
QWG DJI Inspire 1 T600
- Dimensions: 438 x 451 x 301 mm (20 x 15 x 15 inches)
- Weight: 6.8 kg (15 pounds)
- Camera: capture 4K video and shoot 12 megapixel photos
- Gyro:3 axis
- Radio System:2.4G
- Remote Control Distance: 2000 meters
- Flight time:23 minutes
- Recharging Time: 1.5 hours
- Manufacturer recommended age: 15 years and up
With QWG DJI Inspire 1 T600 you can enter into the world of professional videography. This drone comes with a 4K camera in-built which allows you to capture 12 megapixel photographs and shoot 4K video. With this drone you can focus only on the creative part of your job because it is a complete aerial filming solution with all tech aspects done for you.
This drone comes with 1 controller but you can add an additional controller later. The T600 also comes with an ultra fast charger which allows you to get completely charged within minutes.
The DJI Inspire 1 also comes with a military grade crush proof, weatherproof and a pressure control valve for taking on planes. This drone is high quality and very collectible. As far as color goes, the T600 is available in white color.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
DJI Inspire 1 Pro
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 17.8 x 11.9″ / 438 x 451 x 301 mm
- Weight: 20 pounds / 9.1 kg
- Camera: Zenmuse X5 16MP
- Battery 6S Li-Po; 4500 mAh
- Flight Time: 18 minutes
- Flight Altitude: 14,764′ / 4,500 m
- Maximum Speed: 72.2 fps / 22 m/s
The DJI Inspire 1 bundle comes ready-to-fly (RTF). The package includes the drone, a pre-bound transmitter (radio controller), 8 batteries, 2 charges, 2 iPad Airs, Osmo Handle Kit, etc. The DJI Inspire 1 Pro combines the finest quality with a reasonable price and that’s why it is considered to be the go-to-drone for commercial videographers that need high end quads for their job.
Another great feature is the availability of two remote controllers. With this amazing feature you can control the camera while your friend controls the drone. This allows you to take capture high quality photos and footages. It also allows for a live wireless video transmission via Dji Lightsbridge. The Inspire HD video camera is detachable and can record up to 4K and at frame rates up to 60 FPS. It also has a powerful app to edit videos, camera settings, etc.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Walkera TALI H500
- Weight: 2500 grams (5.5 pounds)
- Dimensions: 471 x 536 x 270 mm
- Camera: 13MP HD camera
- Battery: Li-Po 5400mAh
- Flight Time: 25 minutes
- Payload Capacity: 480 grams
- Stabilization: 3-axis
- Operating Range: 1.500 meters
The TALI H500 is usually used for film and photography, but you can choose to use it for whatever application you’d like. It is a GPS drone with simple and smooth controls, making it perfect for newbies.
This drone is below average in size with a wingspan of 233mm (9.2 inches). The TALI H500 weighs 2500 grams, making it one of the heavier drones on the market. It has an average flying time of about 25 minutes, which means that it can fly for 17 minutes longer than the average drone. However, this flight time depends on the payload. The operational range for the Walkera is a little less than 1000 meters. However, since it is mainly used for aerial filming, this shouldn’t be an issue.
The TALI H500 has an in-built 13MP HD camera with an FPV system on board. This feature allows the drone to transmit video to the ground.
As far as color goes, the Walkera is available in black and white.back to menu ↑ back to menu ↑
Professional equipment costs a lot, and these drones are no exception. Both cinematographic companies and individual professionals use these expensive toys. With more innovations and advanced technologies coming up every single day, this niche will continue to grow. However, most drones in this list might be too expensive and too overwhelming and that may not be fun to play with. That’s why it is recommended for most new drone enthusiasts to start with something cheap and small. We honestly hope that you found this article interesting and helpful.
Freefly Alta 8 | 8 Rotor Aerial Drone UAV Optimized
LanLan DJI S1000 Spreading Wings Premium Octocopter Drone for Aerial Photography UAV
- Model:DJI Spreading Wings S1000
YUNEEC YUNH920US Drone Tornado H920 Hexa-Copter with ST24 Transmitter, Black
- Aerial Shooting with Panasonic GH4
- Carbon Fiber Frame
- Retractable Landing Gear
- ST24 Transmitter with 7" Android Device
Faucon Drones Lifter Series V1.0 Octocopter
- Professional Lift For Professional Photography.
- MOTORS: Avroto LIFT 3515 400Kv
- Props: Carbon fiber 15" x 6.5
- ESCs: ZTW Spider Series 50A Opto - SimonK firmware
- Landing Gear: Retractable carbon fiber with shock absorption
DJI T600 Inspire 1 Quadcopter with 4k Video Camera with Controller
- A Complete Ready-To-Fly SystemEverything you need is included and ready to go offering you a complete aerial film making tool in a box. Just add a mobile device or screen for live HD view.
- Strong carbon fiber arms lift out of sight, transforming the way you shoot. Get a full, unrestricted 360° view of the world below and create images like never before.
- Shoot up to 4K video and capture 12 megapixel photos with the Inspire 1 camera.Carefully assembled and dynamically balanced in Lumenier's climate controlled facility, the new Lumenier 2205 motors deploy new glue technology.
- Inspire 1’s gimbal and camera system can be removed from the aircraft for safe transport and future upgrades.
- A real-time feed from your Inspire 1’s camera is displayed in 720p HD on your mobile device giving you a perfect view of what the camera sees to frame your shots.
DJI Inspire 1 Pro With 4K Zenmuse X5 Camera
- Increased dynamic range
- Greater pixel quality
- Revolutionary sensor
- Built to last
DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K UHD Video Camera Drone
- 4k UHD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal; Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal microSD card)
- Included flight battery and rechargable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box. Flying this product is restricted within 15 miles radius of the White House.
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control (phone/tablet sold separately; see DJI's website for compatible models)
- Kindly refer all the Tutorial Videos given in the Image Section on the Catalog before use for the proper training.
AEE Technology AP11 GPS Drone Quadcopter 3-Axis Gimbal (White)
- 1080P Full HD Video at 60 FPS, 16MP Still Images, 3-axis gimbal auto-stabilized camera with live first person view streaming, GPS auto stability semi-autonomous flight (Automatic position hold and hover), maximum flight range of 500 meters.
- 10 inch propellers for maximum flight stability and maneuverability, 44 MPH maximum speed, 22 - 33 MPH cruising velocity, all weather body for light to medium rain and snow, Class 4 wind resistance rating.
- 6800 mAh intelligent LiPo battery for up to 25 minute flying time, fail safe protocol with auto return home feature (returns to takeoff point).
- Mini-B USB input for hassle free firmware updates, mobile App available on iOS and Android store for FPV, telemetry data, camera zoom, and other useful flight and camera control features.
- Not intended for children under 18 years of age.
Walkera TALI H500 RTF1 FPV RC Drone Hexacopter with G-3D Brushless Gimbal, iLook+ Action Camera (Black)
- Includes DevoF12E FPV Transmitter
- Pro Level 3 Axis Gimbal w/iLook+ HD Camera
- GPS Position Hold
- Intelligent Orientation Control System
- One Key Go Home/One Key Return to Launch