If you click a link on this page and make a purchase we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Seeing a huge success of its first model of Hubsan Zino, well-known drone manufacturer, Hubsan is about to release a new model, Hubsan Zino 2. Actually, the model is already on pre-sale on Gearbest so you can go check it out now and save more than $100 on the regular price.
Hubsan Zino vs Hubsan Zino 2 – differences
Even though Hubsan named this model Hubsan Zino 2, this is actually a third generation of Hubsan Zino series since there is also the Hubsan Zino Pro model in between.
The new Zino 2 will be a much more powerful drone with important specs jacked up:
- range is improved from 2.5km to 6km
- flying time is improved from 23 to 33 minutes
- camera will be able to do 4k on 60 fps (better than Mavic Air)
- 32.6 x 26 x 9.49 mm in size, meaning it is slightly bigger
- weighs almost 1Kg (915 grams) which is 215g more than Hubsan Zino.
Zino 2 vs Zino Pro vs H117S: Tabular overview
|Zino 2||Zino Pro||H117s (Zino 1)|
|Size (mm)||326 x 260 x 95||304 x 252 x 90||304 x 252 x 90|
|Camera||[email protected]||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Max flight speed||72 kph||60 kph||60 kph|
|Battery life||33 minutes||23 minutes||23 minutes|
Hubsan Zino 2 features & specs
- Compact size with foldable arms;
- Remote controller with built-in screen;
- GPS positioning system;
- Multiple flight modes (GPS, Optical Flow or Attittude);
- 4K camera with up to 60fps recording (100Mbps bitrate);
- Sony 1/2.3″ 12MP CMOS image sensor (80° FOV);
- Ambarella H22 image processor;
- 3-axis mechanical stabilization;
- Up to 72 kph flight speed;
- About 33 minutes flight time (in windless conditions);
- LEAS 2.0 transmission protocol;
- Up to 8Km FPV range.
- remote controller with digital display, visible in strong lights.
- The flight endurance up to 33 minutes (windless); Accurate battery power monitoring.
- Update the latest firmware of aircraft and remote control online through App.
- Negative film are downloaded directly via a wireless link.
- The gimbal is detachable.
- Support using the transmitter to control the drone DIRECTLY.
As you can see from the specs, Zino 2 is going to be a real beast. And affordable one, at that.
Check out the latest DJI machine - DJI Mavic Air 2.
The DJI Mavic Air 2 is a great leap forward in comparison to Mavic Mini (and first generation of Mavic Air) in nearly every measurable respect:
✔️image and video quality
✔️transmission and controller
The design and size is similar to Zino but this one flies whopping 10 minutes longer thanks to a larger battery. However, on the other side, this means that Zino 2 is 215g heavier than the first model. Of course, this one is also foldable and easily portable, just like the Zino 1.
Also one of the bigger differences is the new controller with display that is very bright and easily readable on a sunny day. This means you don’t need any external mobile device like your phone to fly Zino 2.
Camera is top-notch, even better than on Mavic Air, at least on paper. Thanks to the larger aperture, you can shoot good quality videos even in low light.
As mentioned above, the batter is larger and has larger capacity giving Zino 2 ability to fly 33 minutes in one go – excellent achievement!
XIAOMI Fimi X8 SE is a stunning piece of aircraft. When you add the price to its impressive performance power, you get one of the best ratio/value drones on the market right now. Click here to check the latest price!
The Hubsan Zino 2 also features FPV capability as it is equipped with 5.8G WiFi so you can check the shooted videos without time-delay and the streaming quality is very good.
Intelligent flight modes
It is an industry standard by now – all mid and high level drones have at least couple of flying modes – Zino 2 is no exception to this. You can access them via the X-Hubsan app and Hubsan offers pretty much same options as the more expensive DJI Mavics – from panorama modes to waypoint and automatic follow modes.
Altitude and speed
Both are very decent – 500m flight height and 72kph are official specifications.
Feature packed drone for below $500 – this is a real grab! Hubsan is further improving on its reputation of producing great, mid class, low-cost drones. When you see the specs, you would expect at least 2x the price of the one you can get this machine for. So, don’t hesitate too much and go snatch one from Gearbest.