If you click a link on this page and make a purchase we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Snaptain was founded in 2014 and is a trademark owned by Shenzhen Van Top Technology & Innovation Co. Ltd. Since its founding, the company has gone on to dominate the world of drones. The drones are top picks for teenagers or people who are getting started with drones.
That could be because they put protection first by offering valuable features such as protective covers for kids, headless mode, 360° rotation, LED lights, and three levels of speed. Moreover, for those looking for indoor drones for their kids, Snaptain gives them the option of choosing drones that feature enclosed rotors for safety.
Based in China, the company sells drones worldwide to the EU, Russia, Japan, India, the United States, and the Middle East. To keep up-to-date with current technological advancements, the company partners with Japan and the United States.
Common Snaptain Drone features
When you are buying a drone for the first time, it can sometimes be overwhelming, even for adults. Due to Snaptain’s core concept of building powerful drone body templates that can be used for multiple models, the burden is lessened. Those who want to buy drones can focus on other features that they want apart from the body details. Below are some standard Snaptain drone selection criteria:
- What flight modes are available?
- What safety features does the drone have?
- Does the drone come with or without a camera?
- Is the GPS built-in?
- What does the drone weigh? Generally speaking, cheap drones are usually lighter, and light drones do not break when they wreck. Instead, they bounce back.
- What is the drone’s control range?
- What is the number of axes on the camera gimbal? One, two, or three?
- Does the drone support emerging 5G Wi-Fi?
- What is the flight time range? Most Snaptain drones have a flight time that ranges between 5 and 30 minutes.
- What is the camera quality?
Pricing for Snaptain drones
Most Snaptain drones are priced at an average of $100. For drones with advanced features, the price typically varies between $100 and $200. Snaptain’s pricing system serves as an advantage for buyers because they are cheap and because Snaptain’s competitors have to lower their prices to compete with them.
Despite the low pricing of its drones, the company is committed to quality. Most models are user-friendly and ready to fly.
Best Snaptain drones available
Snaptain SP650 1080P Drone
With its 1080P HD live video camera, the Snaptain SP650 1080P drone is perfect for users that intend to use the drone for commercial purposes, who want to take videos and photos of real-estate property, local festivals, artistic scenes, and urban or rural landscapes.
- It has an intelligent voice and gesture control that makes it easy to pilot drones.
- The drone offers multiple flight modes like circle fly, 360° flip, and high-speed rotation for exhilarating flying experiences for intermediate users.
- The drone comes with two batteries, therefore, doubling the flight time it provides.
- The drone has protective technology for out-of-control drones.
- It has a flight time of about 12 minutes that doubles to 24 minutes with an extra battery.
- The drone is great for stunt flying.
- The drone supports three flying speeds.
- With the trajectory flight, users can draw a flight plan on their phones.
- It has a high-quality casing.
- Users get to enjoy great photos and high definition videos.
- The drone controls are easy to learn and relatively intuitive, meaning that beginners can also get to enjoy the drone.
- The drone offers support SD cards of up to 64GB.
- The drone lacks positioning sensors.
- It doesn’t fold up for convenience.
Snaptain A15 Foldable Drone
The Snaptain A15 Foldable drone has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon and is ideal for casual users, kids, or beginners. The drone, priced under $100, is foldable and easy to carry. It also has a 720P camera quality with a 120° wide-angle lens, capturing high-quality videos.
- It has voice control.
- It has an FPV function and a fly-by-trajectory feature.
- The drone has multiple flight modes.
- It also features One Key Return, 3D Flips, and real-time Wi-Fi transmissions that connect through your phone.
- It is an affordable model for beginner to intermediate flyers.
- It has a seamless app connection.
- It offers a fly-by-trajectory by drawing a line on your phone.
- The drone contains some advanced features that are usually found in high-priced drones.
- Its rugged feature means that it can stand a good beating, therefore making it ideal for beginners.
- The drone is very responsive to voice control.
- Users get to enjoy easy takeoffs and landings with one-touch control.
- The drone has an altitude hold for hovering and taking better videos and pictures.
- The drone has a short flight time, usually about 7 minutes.
- The drone sometimes loses synchronization with the remote.
Snaptain H923H Mini Drone
This drone is the perfect choice for kids and has the lowest price of any Snaptain’s drone.
The drone is priced at $19.99. It is a great drone for those that want to learn how to fly
drones. With one touch, the drone can take off, return, or land.
- The drone is robust with full safety measures that protect the propellers.
- It can do stunts like 360° flips using its 6-axis gyro controller.
- It has 3-speed control.
- The drone is very portable.
- The drone is affordable.
- It has LED lights for night flying.
- The drone is perfect for kids to learn with before they move on to more advanced models.
- It has propeller guards and covers that reduce safety risks and extend the drone’s life.
- The drone has limited speed and flight range.
- It takes longer for the drone to connect to the transmitter.
- The drone only offers 6 minutes of flight time.
Snaptain S5C Wi-Fi FPV Drone
This drone is an affordable choice for any drone user, especially beginner and intermediate drone flyers. It works with VR technology to provide real-time 3D experiences.
- It has an altitude hold allowing it to hover and show more stable photos and videos.
- The drone has a built-in 6-axis gyroscope with which users can set the height function to position the drone very precisely.
- It has a Multifunctional 3D view mode that provides a failsafe landing, 360° flips, voice control, and trajectory flying.
- It has a gamepad-style controller that uses your phone as the display.
- It comes with a VR set. Therefore, users get to see what their drone is seeing.
- It is user-friendly, thus suitable for beginners.
- It offers a One Key Takeoff and Landing and a One Key Return.
- The drone is lightweight and is made with durable ABS material.
- The drone has an HD Wi-Fi camera with a wide-angle lens.
- It offers Wi-Fi connection, and users can control the drone with either the remote or their phones.
- The drone does not have a GPS mode. Therefore, users have to spend extra money to get GPS for their drones if they don’t want to risk losing them.
- It has limited control distance.
- It has a camera that only films with average quality.
Snaptain SP500 Foldable GPS Drone
This drone is one of the more expensive Snaptain drones and is priced at about $140. It is worth noting that most companies start their cheapest models at this price. Yet at $140, the Snaptain SP500 Foldable GPS Drone offers tons of advanced features.
- It has a GPS Return home feature.
- Auto hover allowing users to take great videos and pictures from an aerial view.
- It has an advanced %D Wi-Fi transmission.
- It has a 1080P HD camera with a 110° wide-angle lens.
- It has GS satellite positioning, which empowers the hovering function.
- It has a one-key takeoff and landing feature.
- It offers three-speed modes.
- Users can get a superior FPV experience when they use their phone with the controller to see the world as the drone sees it.
- It is ready to fly out of the box.
- The drone is easy to fly, therefore, suitable for beginners.
- It comes with a spare battery.
- It has a robust, stable hover mode.
- The drone has excellent flight modes.
- It has an alarm that triggers when the battery is low.
- Its GPS return to home feature cancels out the risk of the drone flying away and getting lost.
- It has a long flight range.
- It has many advanced features that more expensive models offer.
- The drone does not have a Follow Me Mode.
- It has a short FPV transmission range of 50 meters.
Snaptain SP310 Drone
This drone, perfectly suitable for kids, is priced at only $25 and can therefore serve as a perfect gift for any occasion for kids. Its rating on Amazon is a whopping 4.6 stars out of 5
- It operates in headless mode ( In this mode, the drone flies following the direction of your control stick regardless of the position of your drone’s head or tail)and comes with a portable controller box.
- It has an altitude hold.
- The drone has adjustable speeds and the One Key Return feature.
- It takes off after being thrown into the air or launches traditionally.
- It is an excellent choice for beginners.
- It has LED indicators that make it easy to find the drone at night.
- It has lights that blink continuously and warns the user that the drone’s battery is running low.
- It comes with a customized drone cabin and storehouse for accessories.
- It has anti-collision protection for its propellers, therefore ensuring their durability.
- It also has stable flight performance.
- The drone has limited battery life.
- It has a short flight time and range.
- The drone does not have a camera.
Snaptain SP300 Drone
For beginners, the Snaptain SP300 drone is a great choice. The drone has a perfect 5 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon, and its low $40 price makes the deal even more worthwhile.
- It offers thrown-and-go technology.
- 3-D flips
- One Key Return
- It has altitude hold
- Users can adjust the speed depending on their preference.
- It has a headless mode.
- The drone comes with three remote controls. The remote controls include the standards mini remote, a water-drop-shaped remote, and a G-sensor watch.
- It has other advanced flying features for stunts and great aerial performances.
- The drone has bright LED strips that create an extraordinary light show at night.
- The drone automatically flies wherever you go when wearing the G-sensor watch.
- It has an infrared sensor for hands-free flying.
- It takes off after being thrown in the air and lands traditionally.
- It is fun to use for beginners and is also an excellent choice for skilled users.
- It provides hours of entertainment for kids.
- It does not have a camera.
- It has a short flight range.
Safety guidelines when using Snaptain drones
- Do not use the drones in severe weather conditions such as snow, wind, rain, smog, tornadoes, or hurricanes.
- Do not fly your drone above or near obstacles, open water, crowds, public roads, high voltage lines, or trees.
- When flying your drone, don’t look directly into its light.
- Stay away from the drone’s rotating propellers and motors.
- Make sure that you maintain a line of sight of your drone at all times. Do not only rely on a first-person-view camera to control your drone.
- When flying your drone, be sure to observe local regulations, obtain appropriate authorizations, and understand the risks. It is solely the user’s responsibility to comply with all flight regulations.
- In case your drone gets into a crash, thoroughly check your drone before flying it again.
- Do not charge the drone’s batteries before they cool down.
- If your drone is not in use for a long time, remove its batteries.
- Do not overcharge the drone’s batteries. Once they are fully charged, unplug the drone.
- When charging the drone’s batteries, make sure that you keep them away from inflammable items such as carpet, timber, floor. etc. and keep an eye on the battery while it is charging
Do I need to connect my Snaptain drone to my phone?
First, it is essential to note that not all Snaptain drones are meant to be controlled with your phone. Some can be controlled using both your phone and the controller; others can only be controlled using your phone, and others only using the drone’s controller.
What are the advantages of connecting my Snaptain drone to my phone?
First-person camera view experience – With this feature, you can see what the drone sees at the time of flight.
GPS control – several modern drones have autonomous flying capabilities like drawing a flight path, active tracking, or the return to home feature, all of which are easy to control with your phone.
Flight controls – By connecting your phone to your drone, you get to use your phone as the controller, and you don’t have to have a separate bulky controller.
Diagnostic data and setup – Most drone apps provide a feature that their users can use to set up and configure their drones with their phones.
How do I connect my Snaptain drone to my phone?
The first step is to download the mobile app for your Snaptain drone model.
Then, power on your drone.
Go to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect your drone to your phone’s Wi-Fi network.
Finally, go to your drone’s mobile app and follow the setup, calibration, and configuration procedures, and start flying your drone.
Can I use my Snaptain drone without Wi-Fi?
Yes. However, you will need a radio controller to allow you to control your drone. Radio controllers use radio waves; therefore, you can fly your drone without using Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connection is only needed to connect your phone to your drone. That is necessary for most autonomous flying functionality and streaming videos from your drone for a first-person flying experience and video recording.
However, for drones that are exclusively controlled using mobile apps, Wi-Fi is required.
What do I do when my Snaptain drone fails to connect to Wi-Fi?
If you are running into difficulties with connecting your Snaptain drone or any drone for that matter, to Wi-Fi, there are several things that you can do.
- For drones that have a Wi-Fi switch onboard, try toggling it off and back on.
- Try restarting your phone or “forgetting” the network if you are having trouble connecting the drone’s Wi-Fi.
- If the drone’s Wi-Fi network isn’t showing up on your phone, try turning the drone off and back on.
How do I link my Snaptain drone to the controller?
First, turn on the drone and the remote. The LEDs on both of them will start flashing. Place the drone on a flat surface.
After that, push the left control stick forward to the top, then pull back until the bottom. When the LEDs of both of them are stable, it means that the pairing was successful.
What do I do when my Snaptain drone’s flight is not stable?
When your drone’s flight is unstable, return the drone and restart to do a flight calibration.
Snaptain does not only offer drones for beginners but also intermediate flyers and experienced pilots. For those who want to save money and still get value for their money, Snaptain drones are the way to go.