If you click a link on this page and make a purchase we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Top 15 Foldable Drones
After the launch of DJI’s Mavic Pro and GoPro’s Karma, the first foldable drones, the drone market has just gotten itself a brand-new niche. Ever since these two models saw light of a day, foldable drones became the norm and almost all of the today’s leading commercial drone models are foldable.
So with that being said, we would like to take you through the best foldable drone with 4k hd camera currently available on the market. We decided only to feature the best of the best to keep this article short and understandable. This means that you won’t find any cheap Chinese models on this list. So, without further ado, let’s jump straight to a list of the top 10 best foldable drones with camera you should know about!
The long awaited Evo 2 from Autel has jaw dropping specs which got many drone pilots very excited. Drone communities are buzzing and eagerly waiting for the new release. And you can’t blame them: 8k videos and 44 minutes of flight are unprecedented for this price range.
You can see some specs below the video and check this page for a pre-order from Autel .
Just take a look at some of the main specs and see it for yourself in this official introduction video:https://www.youtube.com/embed/XDiWQps-Rxc?feature=oembed
The three user-changeable gimbal modules for the Autel Evo 2 are:
- 586 gimbal: provides an 8K video camera that will take still photos of up to 48MP and records 8K video at 25 fps, 6K at 30 fps, or 4K at 30 or 60 fps with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps.
- 383 gimbal: features an Ultra-HD camera with a 1-inch sensor for 6K video and still photos of up to 20MP. It will record video up to 5.5K at 60fps or 4K video at 120 fps and has an adjustable lens aperture from f/2.8 to f/11.
- Dual-sensor gimbal: provides an infrared camera that takes infrared images of 640 x 512 or 320 x 256 and records video at 720p at 30 fps in dual image mode. It has the same 8K video camera as described above.
DJI Mavic Air 2
This is a brand new DJI drone that was released in April 2020. The drone saw huge improvements over its predecessors. This machine is a real beast with impressive flight time of 34 minutes, 48 MP photos and HDR capabilities. Air 2 is one of the drones with the longest flight time available to buy right now.
The Mavic Air 2 weighs 570g (1.3 pound) and feautres a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor capable of 12MP and 48MP photos (JPEG and RAW). When it comes to video, the Mavic Air 2 can shoot up to 4K 60fps at 120 Mpbs. Mavic Air 2 is also capable to shoot in the H.265 HVEC video codec to improve efficiency without any loss in quality.
It is a bit more expensive but also much more feature rich than the Mavic Mini as you can see in our comparison of Air 2 and Mini.
DJI also introduced some new smart camera features on the new Air 2, called Scene Recognition and Hyperlight.
- Scene Recognition is made for detecting sunsets, blue skies, grass, snow, and trees. It then optimizes images with these objects for a stunning final photo.
- Hyperlight is a feature that is drumming around mobile markets – it aims to increase the quality of night shots by taking multiple photos and merging them to reduce the amount of noise (graininess) that’s common in low-light images.
DJI Mavic Mini
It is small, feathery light and can fly up to 30 minutes. DJI Mavic Mini is currently the cheapest Mavic drone by DJI. It is a perfect drone for everyone, beginners and advanced users alike and it looks like a meld of all Mavic models together – it is on par with Mavic 2 Pro in terms of flight time, it lighter and more portable than any other Mavic model. The only drawback is lack of 4K videos but it does 2.7k and it is only fractionally worse than 4K Mavic models.
There is hardly another drone more compact and lighter than the new DJI Mavic Mini. Weighing only 249 grams (without propeller protection), the new DJI Mavic Mini does not even require a drone license plate or registration – for example in the USA.
Granted, it is not the most stable drone in windy conditions nor are the plastic legs and propellers as sturdy as with high-end DJI drones (cost of the weight reduction) but Mavic Mini is just incredible piece of engineering with frugal mindset.
Specs and Features
- Weight: 363 grams (0.8 pounds)
- Size: 196 x 196 x 66 mm (7.7 x 7.7 x 2.6 inches)
- Flight Battery: 1150 mAh 11.1 V Li-Po 3S
- Flight Time: 12 minutes
- Charging Time: 30 minutes
- Top Speed: 35km/h (21.8 mph)
- Flight Range: 50 meters (164 feet)
- Video Resolution: 4K
- Still Images: 13MP
- Target tracking
- GPS tracking system is installed
- Optical flow
- Selfie Mode
Yuneec is one of the leading brands in the drone industry, so I’m sure you are all familiar with them. The people over at Yuneec have released their first ever foldable drone – Breeze a few months ago, so I reckoned to include it in this list and take a closer look at it! So, let’s see what exactly it has to offer, shall we?
Yuneec paid good attention to the manufacturing process. They have also implemented a set of solid features into an amazing choice for people who are looking specifically for a foldable drone. The Yuneec Breeze is a superb flying camera, perfect for beginner pilots. This drone comes with a 13MP 4K camera capable of capturing stunning aerial videos and crystal-clear shots. It is equipped with a nice 1150 mAh 11.1 V Li-Po 3S battery that can hold it in air for about 12 minutes. This should be more than enough for you to capture that perfect aerial selfie. The Breeze is incredibly easy to use and comes with 5 automated flight modes: journey, pilot, follow me, orbit, and drone selfie. Its relatively small size and positioning sensors which allow it to hold its position steady no matter where it’s currently flying, enable it to be flown both indoor and outdoor.
All things considered, I believe most of you realize what a great job Yuneec did with Breeze. It might not be as perfect as certain high-end models. However, this drone doesn’t cost as much so it’s a good alternative.
Xiaomi Fimi X8 SE
The X8 SE drone is marketed under the subsidiary brand FIMI. The Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE has a 4K camera and a three-axis gimbal and, thanks to its foldable design, resembles the DJI Mavic Pro or DJI Mavic 2 (Pro/Zoom).
Typical for Xiaomi is the low entry price of well under 500,- USD. With regard to the extensive equipment, the new 4K camera drone offers an extremely good price-performance ratio and can be seen as a serious alternative to the DJI camera drones from Mavic series.
Using the 4,500 mAh battery, the XIAOMI FIMI X8 SE should achieve a flight time of about 33 minutes. The manufacturer specifies the maximum flight speed at 64.8 kilometers per hour (18 meters per second).
The maximum flight altitude is – as with DJI-camera drones – limited on the software side to a maximum of 500 meters. The maximum flight distance of up to five kilometres is sufficiently dimensioned.
Specs and Features
- Weight: 227 grams (0.5 pounds)
- Size: 135 X 67 X 36.8 mm (5.3 x 2.6 x 1.4 inches) (folded)
- Flight Battery: 7.6V 970mAh Li-Po 2S
- Flight Time: 8 minutes
- Charging Time: 45 minutes
- Operating Range: 100 meters (328 feet)
- Photo Quality: HD Standard 4K resolution
- Camera: 13MP
- Video Quality: 1080P
- Facial Recognition
- Optical Sensors
- Indoor Flight
- Acoustic Sensor
- ‘Short Video’ selfie mode
The Zerotech Dobby is one of the most popular foldable drones that serves for capturing the perfect aerial selfie. It takes its role one step further with dual satellite positioning systems. This feature allows it to seamlessly fly through the air with ease.
The camera is a big part of the package, considering the fact we are talking about a “selfie drone”. This drone is equipped with a high def 13MP camera that best fit for the selfie shots even at long distances. This brilliant camera offers some interesting features such as target tracking, facial recognition, and auto follow drone mode. It is important to note that this drone does not come with a controller. This means that all features and functions are controlled by your Smartphone. Also, Zerotech Dobby allows you to synchronize your videos and photos to your phone with one click. This drone also has a sharing function to share your wonderful moments with your friends.
And finally, the specs sheet isn’t that amazing. However, we really doubt that this will make potential buyers to steer away from it. With about 10 minutes of flight time and around 100 meters of flight range, Dobby has more than enough to become your personal selfie drone. Zerotech Dobby is perfect for those people who are looking for a pocket drone that has an amazing HD camera onboard, but also want some decent flight specs.
DJI Mavic Pro
Specs and Features
- Weight: 743 grams (1.6 pounds)
- Size: 83 x 83 x 192 mm (3.3 x 3.3 x 7.5 inches) (folded arms)
- Camera: 4K camera
- Flight Battery: 3830mAh 11.4V 3C
- Flight Time: 27 minutes
- Charging Time: 3.5 hours
- Top Speed: 65 km/h (40 mph)
- Flight Range: 7000 meters (22 966 feet)
- Gesture-Based Commands
- Sports Mode
- Slow Mode
- Tap to Fly
- Dual positioning systems: GPS and GLONASS.
- DJI Go App-Based Control and Monitoring
And now the real powerhouse among all other foldable drones and the drone people are most excited about and actually want to own – DJI’s Mavic Pro. It’s the first premium foldable drone on the market and probably the most interesting drone we have seen from DJI to date, and as such, it has already found its way into thousands of homes worldwide. This little fella is no bigger than a bottle of water, when folded. This feature makes it travel-friendly and easy to carry around.
Mavic Pro is definitely the best travel drone currently available on the market. It comes with a whole set of interesting smart features among which are TapFly and ActiveTrack. This drone also comes equipped with the obstacle avoidance system. This feature is extremely important, especially for a drone of such small size factor which is going to be used both outdoor and indoor. It helps your drone maneuver around objects in your home. This means you will not have to worry about it crashing against your furniture, walls or anything like that. The Mavic Pro also has dual positioning systems, both GLONASS and GPS, which ensure the optimal stability of your drone no matter the scenarios under which it’s flying.
DJI always takes great care of their drone’s specification. That’s exactly the case with Mavic Pro. The drone has an excellent top speed of 60 km/h (40 mph), making it by far the fastest drone on this list. It is equipped with a powerful battery that gives it the amazing flight time of about 27 minutes. This makes it an absolute champion in the foldable drones’ market. Combine all of that with about 7000 meters of flight range and a crystal clear 4K camera that produces excellent quality images and videos and you will understand why it has such a huge price tag to its name.
Parrot Bebop 2
- Dimensions: 382 x 328 x 89 mm (15 x 15 x 3.5 inches)
- Weight: 500 grams (1.1 pounds)
- Battery: 11.1V 2700mAh Lithium Ion
- Flight Time: 25 minutes
- Charging Time: 120 minutes
- Camera: 14MP 1080p camera
- Maximum Speed: 16m/s (36 mph)
- Operating Range: 300 meters (984 feet)
- Controller Frequency: 2.4GHz
The Parrot Bebop 2 is the upgraded version of the Parrot Bebop 1 and it excels in simplicity, durability, and a really enjoyable flying experience.
For first time drone buyers looking for an easy and fun to control drone with an amazing camera to capture incredible aerial footage the Bebop is the number one choice. Bebop 2 is a high performance drone that uses four brushless motors.
It is made of ABS plastic that is reinforced with glass fiber to ensure great resistance. At 14MP, the Bebop 2 comes with one of the highest-resolution cameras available. The camera has a fish-eye lens with a 170 degree Field of View and it is capable of shooting in 1080p.
The Parrot Bebop 2 includes a wide set of powerful and important features.
The Bebop 2 takes commands from your Smartphone or tablet instead of using a traditional joystick controller. Control is done via a free app available for both Android and iOS. This can be a bit limiting at first, but also pretty fun and approachable for newbies. The second-gen Bebop also features Follow Me, Automatic Landing, Altitude Hold, Position Hold, Return to Home and Flight Planning (paid application feature).
The drone is also equipped with a flashing LED lights on the rear to increase visibility in darker scenarios. The Bebop comes with a powerful 11.1V 2700mAh Lithium Ion battery that provides about 25 minutes of flight time. It has a maximum control range of 300 meters.
However, if you buy (separately) the Parrot’s Skycontroller this can be increased up to 2000 meters.
Contixo F24 Pro
This foldable drone is an absolute steal for its price. It features an excellent 4K Ultra HD Camera that is vertical adjustable with a 120° FOV lens.
You can take 4k images and 2.7k recordings with it.
Intelligent 25000 mAh batteries power the drone for a whopping 30 minutes of flight time.
The range is also impressive – 1,700 feet for live video and image transition.
The drone also comes with follow me mode, gesture control and orbit mode – three surprising features for this price range drones. But that is not all since the drone also has tap to fly option with 16 waypoints you can use to direct the drone on its fly path.
Hubsan Zino 2
This is a third Zino model by Hubsan, even though the name suggests otherwise. This is a drone that came as a third generation after Zino and Zino Pro.
The new Zino 2 is a much more powerful drone with important specs jacked up:
- range is improved from 2.5km to 6km
- flying time is improved from 23 to 33 minutes
- camera will be able to do 4k on 60 fps (better than Mavic Air)
- 32.6 x 26 x 9.49 mm in size, meaning it is slightly bigger
- weighs almost 1Kg (915 grams) which is 215g more than Hubsan Zino.
Cheap Foldable Drone with Camera – DJI Tello Ryze
This is now the segment with very cheap, beginner drones that are decent alternatives to Mavic Air.
DJI Tello – it is under $100 and it’s got a camera on it, it takes photographs and it takes video. The quality of the video and the photographs is not fantastic as the photographs are much better than the video. The video is okay if you get a really still day with zero wind as there’s no stabilization on it. It transmits the video via Wi-Fi so the video can tend to look quite jerky because of the wind and then and frames can drop because of the Wi-Fi signal. It has couple of intelligent flight modes, take off and landing are assisted and activated with a single tap on a screen of your phone.
The great thing about these two little drones is they are both pretty crash proof. Those two drones are really just a toys and if you are buying your first drone and if you really want to get something that is going to shoot really high-quality photos and videos, than my next recommendation will be a good fit for you.
What Is a Foldable Drone?
Obviously, the major selling point of these drones is that they are relatively small. They are also lightweight enough for you to easily put them in a backpack or sometimes even in your pocket. This is achieved by making the arms foldable inside the body of the drone.
Another important thing is the way they are controlled. Foldable drones can be controlled using an app you install on your tablet or Smartphone. This feature makes these drones easier to fly and control even by beginner pilots who want to focus on using a camera rather than worry about thrust and yaw control.
What Are the Benefits of Buying a Foldable Drone?
The most important and obvious benefit is clearly their compact form, which makes them incredibly mobile and travel-friendly. Let’s take DJI Mavic Pro as an example. Its exact proportions in folded form are as follows 83 x 83 x 198 mm (3.3 x 3.3 x 7.8 inches), and when you combine this with the fact that it weighs only 740 grams (1.64 pounds) and you’ll begin to understand why foldable drones becoming more and more popular.
We have discussed the most important benefit. Now, let’s take a second to talk about the main drawback. Without any doubts, their inability to hover steadily in the air is the main drawback of such miniature drones. This means that their low weight is a double-edged sword. Thanks to this feature, these drones are easier to carry around. However, it also makes the task of keeping a steady hover in midair much more difficult to withstand. DJI Mavic Pro has battled this problem with extremely powerful motors. These motors are able to achieve exceptional hovering ability despite the low weight. Sadly, this is not the case with most other foldable drones, and during stronger winds, they fail to do a good job.
Foldable Drones are the Future of Commercial Drones?
This is very interesting question. Many people believe that foldable drones could in fact be the future of commercial drone usage. There are huge plans of completely autonomous delivery systems powered by drones. However, there is a huge problem that comes into play – storage, because we’re talking miles and miles of storage facilities if we are talking about an autonomous delivery system that covers the entire USA. Foldable drones could be the solution for this problem. There’s no doubt that foldable drones could really become the future of commercial drones if they’d use drones that could fold to form at least 30% of their current size and become stackable with each other.
Foldable Drones are Perfect for These Types of People
You want to buy a foldable drone. However, you are not sure whether you’ll be satisfied with. That’s why we will give you a quick overview of which types of people will find foldable drones as perfect options.
- Students – Students are the poorest suns of guns among us all and they are not know for spending too much money on tech gadgets. Let’s be realistic here, with college expenses and student loans it’s safe to say that students don’t really have anything left in their budgets. Let’s put that aside. Theoretically speaking, if college students could afford top flight foldable drones, I reckon foldable drones would be the obvious choice. You had an alcohol-heavy night out and you want to take a sneak peek into the ladies’ dorm at 2 AM! No problem. You’re going on outdoor party on Friday and you want to capture amazing aerial video! No problem. Foldable drones are there for all you students out there to help you in any occasion.
- Travellers – Obviously, the primary target audience for most foldable drones out there are travellers. This doesn’t need much explaining. Foldable drones are the best travel companions because they can capture amazing moments from all of your favorite destinations.
- Jocks – Nowadays, jocks are known for being tech savvy and detail oriented, so it comes as no surprise that they are investing more and more money into foldable drones. These drones can capture amazing moments from their training sessions. The best thing is that they can do it completely autonomously. Here are some of the reasons why foldable drones would be great for jocks: post-game celebrations, half-time preparations, and warmups before the game.
And that ends our list of the top 10 best foldable drones currently available on the market. Foldable drones have made it possible for users to carry the UAVs in their pockets and backpacks while out for a stroll in the park. You can simply take them out, set up within minutes and start capturing breathtaking aerial photographs. We would just like to thank you for taking your time to read it and we hope that our list of the best foldable drones makes your task of buying a drone easier. It was a pleasure bringing you these amazing 10 foldable drones. And remember, whether you are looking for a more sophisticated drone for commercial purpose or one for fun family time, there’s a drone out there to meet all your diverse requirements!
Pocket Selfie Drone Quadcopter, JJRC H37 Elfie Pocket Fold Portable Photography Wifi FPV With 0.3MP Camera Phone Control RC Drones Quad copter RTF Helicopte
- Smartphone WiFi Remote Control - You can control your drone with wifi connection to your phone(ios or android),your phone will receive real-time transmission from the camera on the drone! The pictures and video store in your phone ,it`s easy to share them with your friend.
- High Hold Mode: When you release the throttle stick after using it, the rc drone will automatically set the height and still hover at the released height. Thus you can fly the drone easily and steadily.
- Headless Mode - When enters into headless mode, you don't need to worry about the direction problem. You can fly the quadcopter drone easily without knowing the direction. One Key Return - Recall the drone effortlessly, just touch a button on the app interface.
- Equipped with 3 speed modes, low, medium and fast. This allows you to fly, for instance, in a small spaces with low speed and maximum control or in more spacious areas with a very fast speed.
- Aerobatic Flight - 3D flips and rolls make the 360 degree rotations towards various directions to give you the spectacular performance. LED Light - With LED light, more fun when you play it on a dark night, it will be a shining star.
Keyshare Kimon Miniature Drone with 16MP Ultra HD Camera
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0721361770707|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 310; Length: 850; Weight: 116; Width: 850|
|Manufacturer Minimum Age||36|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 700; Length: 950; Weight: 200; Width: 950|
|Product Type Name||HOBBIES|
|Title||Keyshare Kimon Miniature Drone with 16MP Ultra HD Camera|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 721361770707|
Wingsland S6 Quadcopter Yellow Mini Pocket Drone 4K Camera (Outdoor Edition)
- Power vision 32GB power ray vehicle - base Station - transmitter - controller Handset clip - intelligent Charger
- Intelligent Charger AC cable - 150' Communication cable - power vision Warranty (3-month on camera/ 12-month on remote/ 6-month on battery Charger/ 12-month on sensor)
- Manufactured in China
Yuneec Breeze Flying Camera - Compact Smart Drone with Ultra High Definition 4K video - safe to fly indoor and outdoor
- 4K STUNNING VIDEO & PICTURES with breathtaking 4K Ultra High Definition and ultra-clear 13 megapixel stills.
- EASY TO USE no flying experience necessary to take dramatic aerial group photos and video, simply pick from 5 automated flight modes to get the shot of your choice: Selfie, Pilot, Orbit, Journey, Follow Me.
- SAFE TO FLY with built-in Indoor Positioning System to allow Breeze to hold its position indoors and outdoors; the propeller protectors preventing them from coming into contact with other objects. Also, automatically returns to home and lands with the tap of a button.
- SOCIAL Download the app on your mobile device to control and navigate Breeze, edit photos & videos, then instantly share to your favorite social media sites.
- UPGRADED ONE YEAR WARRANTY - Guarantees against manufacturer defects from the original date of purchase.
ZEROTECH DOBBY Mini Selfie Pocket Drone with 13MP High Definition Camera U.S. Version with Official Warranty
- Pocket-size rechargeable drone with dual satellite positioning and high definition camera
- Traditional one-button take-off and landing as well as voice control, pat, or throw-and-fly take-off methods
- Easily control with your phone’s swipe function or use phone as a motion controller
- Innovative camera offers facial recognition, digital 3-axis stabilizer, and ability to synchronize photos with one click
- Dimensions: With propellers in – 135mm x 67mm x 36.8mm. With propellers expanded – 135mm x 145mm x 36.8mm. Weight: Only 199g, no FAA registration is requried
Xiro Xplorer Mini Discovery, Quadcopter Drone with HD Video Camera and Remote Controlled by iOS or Android APP, 1 Smart Flight Battery.
- Integrated 1080p / 13MP Camera, Electronic Image Stabilization
- Automatic Subject Tracking, App-Based Control with 328 ft Range
- 720p Resolution Live Video Feed, Edit and Share Footage with App
- Virtual Stick and Motion-Based Flying, One-key takeoff / landing, One-key return home
- Up to 15 Minute Battery Life, Max Speed 17.9 mph, Max Flight Height 150 ft
7 Hawk4k Folding Drone With 4k Camera and Watch Controller
- World's 1st Foldable Drone
- 4K Camera included
- Dedicated Watch controller
- 2D/3D Brushless Gimbal
- Compatible Android & iOS App
GoPro Karma with HERO6 Black
- Karma Captures amazingly smooth GoPro footage in the Air, handheld or body mounted
- The Karma Drone folds to fit into the included lightweight case. Take it anywhere. When you’re ready to fly, just unfold, attach the propellers and go
- The Karma stabilizer Captures breathtaking shake-free video both in the Air and on the ground
- Remove the Karma stabilizer and attach it to Karma grip for ultra steady, professional-looking handheld shots
- Karma grip works with GoPro mounts, including the built-in shoulder mount on the Karma case, to deliver ultra steady body-mounted footage
DJI Mavic Pro
- Fly for miles. From your pocket. Inside the Mavic’s pocket-sized remote controller is DJI’s brand new OcuSync transmission technology, with a range of 4. 3mi (7km) and Full HD 1080p video streaming.
- No bumps and scrapes When you know what’s in front of you, you won’t bump into it. The same is true of the Mavic. Using Flight Autonomy it can see obstacles as far away as 49ft (15m) in front.
- Absolute Precision Flight Autonomy technology means the Mavic can hover precisely in more environments, and automatically land almost exactly where you took off.
- Stay flying longer Why fly for 10 or 15 minutes when you can fly for up to 27? With the Mavic you can. Finely tuned control
- Use every single pixel The Mavic is the only drone of its size to carry an integrated high-precision 3-axis mechanical camera stabilization system. . Operating Temperature Range:32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)